Why should you join us?
The Covenant is helping local and regional authorities to respond to Europe’s demographic challenge by promoting the WHO holistic approach to population ageing (the “Age-Friendly Environments” model), further developing the AFE-INNOVNET Thematic Network of interested stakeholders active in the field, stimulating cooperation and synergies, and facilitating the deployment of innovative age-friendly initiatives across Europe to help older people age in better health and remain active for longer, lowering the pressure on social and healthcare systems and fostering longer working lives. This EU wide mobilisation will also help develop an EU wide single market for innovative ICT based products and services.
Visiting the Covenant’s website will give you access to key information on the promotion of age-friendly environments in Europe, including a directory of local and regional authorities committed to the age-friendly environments, a list of notable practices on age-friendly environments, a list of useful links (policy and academic resources, relevant projects, etc.), an up-to-date calendar of relevant events, as well as regular news on key reports and policy developments across the EU.
Moreover, becoming a member of the Covenant will offer you numerous opportunities to contribute to our activities and develop your network. You will indeed have the opportunity to get support for your work on age-friendly environments and collaborate by providing your input to our work, share your experience and knowledge, and be in direct contact with other members of the Covenant to build new partnerships.
More specifically, by joining us, you will:
- Receive updates about events and funding opportunities related to age-friendly environments;
- Have your activities and events promoted on our website;
- Have the possibility to contribute to our monthly newsletter;
- Submit blog posts and comment on others;
- Be able to participate and collaborate in webinars – where concrete themes related to age-friendly environments will be discussed and solutions proposed;
- Be able to contact Covenant’s members and find partners for future projects;
- Submit your initiative(s) on our repository of notable practices;
- Benefit from guidance on how to assess the impact of your initiatives;
- Benefit from toolkits on how to involve older persons in your initiatives;
- Get support on how to involve businesses in age-friendly initiatives;
To join the Covenant, click here.